Africa Organizations Grants
Africa Organizations Grants: The Rockefeller Foundation and The Tony Elumelu Foundation invite proposals from Africa organizations interested in receiving support for initiatives aimed at fostering Africa’s Impact Economy, specifically by aiding the growth of the Impact Investing industry and social enterprise sector.
Africa NGOs Grant Areas
The Africa Impact Economy Innovations Fund (IEIF) will fund projects that seek to:
- Enable earlier stage capital solutions
- Foster entrepreneurial ecosystems
- Promote and establish impact investing industry infrastructure
- Develop market ecosystems for specific sectors
- Form leadership and networking platforms for common actions
All proposals must demonstrate a nexus between the project and the furtherance of charitable goals such as research, promoting sustainable development in underdeveloped areas, or protecting the environment.
A priority will be placed on proposals from organizations based in Africa.
We encourage organizations with headquarters outside of Africa to develop strong partnerships with organizations based locally as part of their proposals.
A priority will be placed on geographic diversity within Africa, so it is important for proposals to specify the target countries/regions.
Africa Organizations Grant Amount
The IEIF will support approximately 7-8 proposals; interested organizations may apply to the fund for grants for up to 12 months with a maximum request of US$100,000, and may participate in more than one grant proposal.
Africa NGOs Grants – Required Documentation
To apply for an IEIF grant, please provide the following documentation and a brief proposal that clearly includes the sections below. Please limit proposals to 5 – 8 pages.
- Executive Summary
- Proof of legal status of the organization
- Annual report, mission, objectives, recent activities and future plans of the organization
- Financial statements (audited if possible)
Application Deadline: 30th June
For more information and NGO grant application, see; Africa Organizations Grants