African Climate Change Fellowship Program
African Climate Change Fellowship Program (ACCFP); With funding from the International Development Research Centre-Canada (IDRC), the Institute of Resource Assessment at the University of Dar Es Salaam (IRA-UDSM), in partnership with START, announces a Call for Application for the African Climate Change Fellowship Program (ACCFP).
The ACCFP offers experiential learning, education, and training opportunities to African educators and graduate students to enhance their capabilities for advancing and applying knowledge for climate change adaptation in Africa.
This Call invites applications for different type of fellowships.
1. Adaptation Science Fellowship
Adaptation Science Fellowships are awarded to:
- Post-Doctoral scientists working in fields relevant to climate change and climate change adaptation;
- Doctoral students currently enrolled in and conducting research related to climate change and adaptation as part of a PhD program at an African university; and/or
- Other strong postgraduate candidates (e.g., experienced African professionals within established research institutions, candidates who are registered for a relevant Master’s degree program in a recognized African university) who are interested to carry out innovative research that advances and applies knowledge for climate change adaptation in Africa.Fellowship opportunities will be provided to a total of 18 individuals; Post-Doctoral scientists (7) who are based in African institutions and who are working on relevant research and Doctoral (7) and Masters students (4) currently enrolled in and conducting research related to climate change and adaptation as part of a Doctoral and Masters Program at an African university.
These Fellows will receive up to USD 14,000 for them to conduct their research for up to a year.
2. Adaptation Policy Fellowship
12 Fellowships will be offered to qualifying candidates, who are expected to be:
(i) Policy makers;
(ii) Professionals from government ministries; or
(iii) Researchers who have active and existing links with the policy environment and policy actors.
Each Fellow will be awarded a total of USD 1500 after the two week training to conduct desk work research activities and initiate the process of engaging policy makers in various ways over a four month period, under the supervision of a mentor.
Policy Fellows will be brought together again for a one week consolidation period where they present their work and finalize on it with their mentors, before they return to their Home institutions to produce a final report within a month.
An honorarium of USD 1000 will be given to Fellows on successful completion of their projects.
3. Short Courses
In line with the fast growing research on climate change adaptation, a number of themes are emerging in addition to the traditional ones on agriculture, natural resource management, energy and biodiversity, with a clear focus on rural development.
In this regard, IDRC through the African Climate Change Fellowship Program is supporting the development of short-term courses, particularly related to emerging themes.
All applications are due to the ACCFP Secretariat no later than 31st December.For more information and African fellowships application details, please visit;
See Also : List Of Recruitment In Nigeria 2018 – 2019