African Women in Science Fellowships Program
African Women in Science Fellowships Program: The United States Department of Agriculture is pleased to announce The Norman E. Borlaug International Science and Technology Fellows Program (Borlaug Fellows Program) for women in Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Niger, Uganda and Zambia.
The Borlaug Fellows Program offers training and collaborative research opportunities in international agricultural science, leadership and policy.
Training venues usually include U.S. universities, government agencies, and international agricultural research centers.
Women Fellowship Objectives:
- Provide female agricultural research scientists, faculty and policymakers with an opportunity to work one-on-one with U.S. experts in the fields of agriculture, forestry and natural resources at a U.S. institution or CGIAR center
- Provide scientists, faculty and policymakers with practical experience and exposure to new technologies that can enhance their own research endeavors
- Foster increased collaboration and networking between African and U.S. agricultural scientists and policymakers to improve agricultural productivity and food security
- Facilitate the transfer of new science and agricultural technologies to strengthen agricultural practices
- Address obstacles to the adoption of technology such as ineffectual policies and regulations
- Provide leadership skills training. Africa Women Fellowships – Eligibility & Requirements
- Female citizens from Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Niger, Uganda and Zambia in the early to mid-level stages of their professional careers
- Good working knowledge of the English language
- Minimum Masters Degree with 3 years practical experience or working toward Masters Degree with 5 years experience
- Currently employed at an institution in Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Niger, Uganda and Zambia with intent to continue working in their country for a minimum of two years following their return from the United States.Africa Women Fellowships – Application Requirements
Eligible candidates are invited to submit the complete application with the following attachments no later than April 10.
- Application form
- One page program proposal
- Approval of the home institution
- Two letters of recommendation
- Copy of passport identification page
- One passport sized photo
For more information, contact: Borlaug Fellows Program – Women in Science, Email: Karen.Uetrecht [at] fas.usda.gov or visit: African Women in Science Fellowships