Mahatma Gandhi University Rwanda Vision And Mission
Our vision to establish Mahatma Gandhi University, Rwanda is to spread education globally with the sole objective of providing quality education to the privileged and under-privileged students. Our vision is to become a leader in preparing professionals who provide leadership and exemplary educational and related services to improve the lives of individuals in a changing and complex global society.
The mission of the Mahatma Gandhi University, Rwanda is to transform the Rwandan citizen into skilled human capital for socio-economic development of the country by ensuring equitable access to quality education focusing on combating illiteracy, promotion of Information Technology, critical thinking and positive values.
- To create and develop intellectual, entrepreneurial and technical skills for future growth and development;
- To providing a rigorous training to students in the subjects of their choice in order to establish state-of-the-art facilities for education & development
- To create higher level of cognitive, affective and psychomotor (head, hearts & hands) abilities in order to carry out teaching and research quality education programs.
- To provide instructions, teaching and training in Higher and Technical Education in Arts, Sports, Culture, Research and make provisions for research, engineering, creative arts, vocational education, professional education, media , fine arts, education and their inter disciplinary studies and development.
- To establish links, collaborations and partnerships with other higher education & research institutions in India and abroad. To institute degrees, diplomas, certificates and other academic distinctions on the basis of examinations, or any other methods of evaluation.
- To establish innovative approaches for creation of seamlessness in academic structures, learning time-frames, and working & continuous evaluation processes for nurturing and cultivation of creativity and entrepreneurship.
- Management and IT programs are linked to the employment needs of different social and scientific organizations thus forging a vital link between the University and Society.
- The vocational courses and traditional courses, which train students for specific jobs. These courses are need-based.
- All the courses are designed in consonance with the requirements of various private and public sector organizations.
- The focus of the program is local development, with the following characteristics: public, private and nongovernmental actors are the fundamental agents; social stability and economic prosperity are pursued, in conformity with the best standards and best practices.
- The main focus is to provide participants with the necessary knowledge and skills for introducing, supporting and co-coordinating processes of change and transformation at local level.