Rwanda National Police Interpol
- INTERPOL Kigali
- Member since :
19 September 1974
Rwanda National Police
Making people living in Rwanda feel safe, involved and reassured.
- Deliver high quality service;
- Perform with accountability and transparency;
- Safeguard the rule of law;
- Provide a safe and crime-free environment for all.
- Justice and respect for human rights;
- Stability and social order;
- Team work and partnership;
- Community relations focus;
- Professional conduct, efficiency and effectiveness.
Located at the Kigali national police headquarters, the INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Rwanda is directly under the command of Rwanda’s Inspector General of Police. INTERPOL Kigali focuses its activities on providing other Rwanda National Police departments with the services and tools they need to tackle transnational crime and bring fugitives to justice. The NCB has a strength of 30 Police officers, with 20 of them seconded to Rwanda’s border posts and international airport where they help boost national security by using INTERPOL’s secure global police communications system I-24/7 and its criminal databases.
INTERPOL Kigali is made up of five divisions:
1. Transnational Organized Crime:
- Transnational Crime Division;
- Operations & Crime Intelligence Analysis Division;
- Sensitization Program Division.
2. Fugitive Investigations Support:
- Fugitive Tracking and INTERPOL Notices Division;
- Regional Alert Lists Division.
3. I-24/7 Management and Information Systems:
- Data Protection and Management Division;
- Contact Office & I-24/7 Borders / Airport Liaison Division;
- Technical Support Division.
4. Administration, Capacity Building & Logistics:
- Personnel, Capacity Building & Finance Division;
- Logistics Division;
- Events Management, Protocol & Customer Care Division.
5. Research & Documentation:
- Records Division;
- Research, Analysis and Statistics Division.